VTT and Aalto University organise the public final seminar of SEMTEC project on 23th of May in Aalto University TUAS building at 9-16:30. The topics of the seminar are the results of the Tekes financed SEMTEC project, both in industry and research organisations. ABB, CSC, Ingersoll-Rand, Kone, Konecranes, Skanveir, Sulzer, Trafotek, Aalto University, Lappeenranta University of Technology, Tampere University of Technology and VTT participated in the project.
The main topic is the FEM-computation of different electrical machines with open-source tool Elmer, mainly developed by CSC. The application areas include electrical motors, generators, and transformers. Main topics are electromagnetic, structural and thermal analysis. Especially, multi-physical analysis methods have been developed, e.g. in coupled magneto-structural and magneto–fluid-flow–thermal analysis (Elmer and OpenFOAM together).
The seminar contains selected presentations from industry and research, along with a poster session in afternoon for open discussion. Also after the seminari there will be possibility to continue the discussion. The seminar will be held in English.
To sign up for the seminar email to Janne.Sami.Keranen (at) vtt.fi until May 18th.
Seminar hall T2/C105, Computer Science building
9:30-10:40 Opening and industrial presentations
- Opening and Introduction (Janne Keränen, Anouar Belahcen, Peter Råback)
- Matti Säynätjoki (Tekes): Greetings from Tekes
- Jan Westerlund (ABB): Elmer usage in ABB
- Peter Råback (CSC): Elmer development in SEMTEC
- Lauri Hietanen (Konecranes): Pre-processing and workflow for Elmer in Konecranes
10:50-11:50 Industrial presentations
- Eelis Takala (Trafotek): Routine simulations and measurements of transformers in complementary short circuit operation modes
- Erkki Lantto (Sulzer): Axial magnetic bearing and/or high-speed electrical machine Elmer simulations
- N.N. (Ingersoll-Rand): Modelling of high-speed electrical machine with Elmer tools
11:50-12:50 Lunch in TUAS building
Seminar hall TU2/2005, TUAS building
12:50-13:30 Research presentations
- Pavel Ponomarev (VTT): Induction machine Elmer workflow
- Sabin Sathyan (Aalto): Simulation of an experimental setup for the validation of magnetostriction and magnetic force computation
13:30-15:00 Poster session & Coffee
15:00-16:00 Research presentations
- Hannu Kärkkäinen (LUT): Experimental tests for simulation models verification
- Arto Poutala/Lauri Kettunen (TUT): Modelling of magneto-elastic phenomena and electrical machine analysis
- Mika Malinen (CSC): Shell elements in Elmer for structural analysis
16:00-16:30 Summary, Closing of the seminar and Discussion (Janne Keränen)
16:30-> Free discussion